Sustainability, the buzz word.
It can be really hard to be sustainable in a world that produced so much stuff ALL THE TIME. It feels almost impossible and pointless.
I covered the basics a very long ago, which for me start with fully recyclable or biodegradable packaging.
- I send my parcels wrapped in recyclable paper and labels, including recyclable paper tape, you can find what i use here at The Plastic Free Shop. The tape is designed to be passed through the recycling process when the cardboard/wrapping paper has been used, it is also vegan.
- I also make sure my paper for wrapping is acid free, and made from water based inks, I use bespoke tissue from No Issue, it is eco-friendly tissue paper and is 100% circular and can be composted or recycled after use.
- My kraft paper envelopes are made from a high-quality durable lined padded fill with cushioning paper fibres. These can be recycled in the household recycling and are made from recycled material.
- My cardboard boxes are made from easily recycled cardboard, simply pop this into your weekly recycling bags.
- If i need to stuff or pad out parcels i will use biodegradable packing nuts which can simply dissolve in water and rinse away safely.
These are some small steps i've made with my packaging, and one part of what i do for my business' sustainability.
Which is why this is only part 1. I will cover more of this, and more in-depth too as I find more information out and ways to continually improve my business methods.
Thanks for reading, and do comment with any thoughts on my packaging if you buy from me